How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Police officer accidents: Dealing with diseases

    Police officers regularly have to expose themselves to risks in order to fulfil the requirements of their jobs, whether it’s handling violent criminals, responding to riots or dealing with speeding or drunk drivers.

    Occupational accidents can sometimes be someone else’s fault

    Understandably, the day-to-day life of a police offer can be particularly stressful, especially when there is a shortage of staff and a regular need to work overtime. If you have suffered an occupational disease or work injury that wasn’t your fault, you could make a claim for financial compensation.

    Have you been the victim of an injury that was someone else’s fault?

    Accident Advice Helpline helps victims of work-related accidents like repetitive strain injuries and other incidents get the justice they deserve. This does not just include people working in the police force, it includes all victims of accidents at work or any other environments.

    Find out if you could be compensated

    For example, if you reported an injury to a supervisor or manager and confirmed that you should be exempt from carrying out manual work or heavy lifting, you could make a claim for work accident compensation if you subsequently experienced a workplace injury after being ordered to perform these aforementioned activities.

    We process claims for many types of accidents

    According to the UK Health and Safety Executive department, people who work in construction, catering, printing and healthcare are at an increased risk of experiencing skin diseases. Lung diseases, meanwhile, have historically been more prevalent in miners or people working with asbestos. If you have suffered work accidents involving faulty equipment and have experienced a long term injury, you could make a repetitive strain injury claim and be awarded repetitive strain injury compensation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Find out how much compensation you could be awarded

    If your accident claim is successful, we could give you an indication of the amount of compensation you could be entitled to, depending on the effect your injury has had on your life. If your claim is unsuccessful, however, you won’t have to pay any fees thanks to our strict 100 percent no-win no-fee policy.

    Accident Advice Helpline has received a recommendation from consumer champion Esther Rantzen, who has been a consumer campaigner, TV presenter and journalist for many years. Call us on our Freephone line – 0800 689 0500 – and talk to one our friendly lawyers today.

    Date Published: September 30, 2014

    Author: SM Content

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.