How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    What are my medical rights if injured on holiday abroad?

    When on holiday abroad, it’s important to know your medical rights are if injured on holiday abroad. You should know what kind of treatment you are entitled to as well as how much you are expected to pay.

    Travelling within the EU

    In the European Union, you are entitled to healthcare at reduced cost or free, with the EHIC card. You should still always take out private travel insurance as an EHIC won’t cover the entire cost of your treatment and will not cover the costs of travelling home after you have recovered from your injuries or illness.

    Outside the EEA

    The UK has reciprocal healthcare agreements with many non-EEA countries and territories. This allows you to get medical care at a reduced rate or free. Again, although the costs of your treatment and hospital stay may be reduced or even free of charge, this will not cover the extra costs it incurs for you to stay in a foreign country and you will need valid travel insurance in order to return home without incurring extra costs. In these countries, you will be treated if you were a resident of the country in question. Even if you are not a UK national, you may still be covered for some reduced cost or free treatment if you are normally a resident in the UK. These countries include Australia, Russia, Ukraine, Barbados, New Zealand and Moldova among many others.

    Claiming compensation for an accident on holiday

    If you’ve been injured abroad within the last three years and it wasn’t your fault, you could be entitled to make a claim for travel accident compensation. Accident Advice Helpline can help you to make a 100% no-win-no-fee** claim for compensation even if your accident occurred outside the UK. Contact one of our friendly, professional advisors today for more information. Our freephone lines are open 24/7 on 0800 689 0500 and you won’t be under any obligation to proceed with any claims for compensation that may be discussed over the phone. Alternatively you can find out online just how much compensation you could be entitled to by taking our 30-second test. Please note that as the amount of compensation you receive depends on a number of factors, any amounts quoted are guideline amounts only and may not accurately reflect a final payout of compensation.

    Date Published: April 27, 2015

    Open Claim Calculator

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.