How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Local road in disrepair: Who to contact

    Potholes, broken pavements and other effects of a road in disrepair mean local roads are a danger to pedestrians, cyclists and drivers everywhere. Cyclists, motorcyclists and pedestrians in particular are at risk of sustaining personal injuries by accidents caused by potholes and other slip or trip hazards.


    Often deep and, during periods of bad weather, hidden under puddles of water, potholes can cause serious accidents on the road if unsuspecting cyclists or motorcyclists hit them and subsequently lose control of their cycles or motorbikes. Even car drivers could lose control of their vehicles and cause car crashes if a pothole should cause a tyre to blow out.

    Who to report to

    You can help to prevent road traffic accidents caused by potholes and otherwise poorly maintained roads by reporting hazardous conditions to the relevant authorities. In 95 per cent of cases, in Wales and England, the responsibility to maintain and repair local roads is in the hands of local authorities. Should you notice a particularly bad pothole or crumbling pavement, for example, you should contact the highways department of your local council.

    When local roads cause mishaps

    Should you sustain a slip, trip or fall injury or have a cycling, motorcycling or car accident because a local road is in disrepair, you could qualify for personal injury compensation. As with other car accident claims, slip injury claims, and so on, you will need to provide evidence to support your claim, so if at all possible, take photographs of the scene of your accident in particular the offending pothole, pavement or other hazard responsible for your accidental injury and secure the contact details of witnesses.

    When and how to make a claim

    Claims for passenger or driver injury; cycling or motorcycling injury and slip, fall or trip injury compensation must be set into motion within three years of the accidents leading to such injuries. You can get a claim for compensation started by visiting Accident Advice Helpline and completing the 30-second test or by calling our firm’s 24/7 advice line.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Why this law firm is a wise choice

    Established in the year 2000, our company has an outstanding reputation and exemplary success record in securing compensation for people like you. Claim processes are conducted under conditional fee agreements by highly experienced and extremely helpful in-house lawyers.

    Get your claim for compensation settled quickly and without excessive hassle by calling the helpline today on, 0800 689 0500.

    Date Published: April 27, 2015

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.