How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Liability for public playgrounds

    If you’re visiting a public place, such as public playgrounds, you have a right to feel safe.

    The authorities and individuals which are in charge of running public playgrounds in the UK must comply with stringent health and safety measures in order to protect members of the public and reduce the risk of accidents, including slips, trips and falls.

    Who is liable for accidents in public playgrounds?

    If you get injured in a public place such as public playgrounds, you may be thinking about
    making a claim for public liability compensation. In order to claim compensation, you must be able to prove that you were not liable for your injuries. In some cases, it may be difficult to determine liability; in others, the issue may be much more clear cut.

    If you have an accident in a public place as a result of a lack of warning signs or advice, poorly maintained equipment or problems such as unmarked manholes, you may have a case for compensation.

    If you were injured because you had a slip or trip because you weren’’t looking where
    you were going, or you used equipment, which wasn’’t suitable, for example you used a slide which was designed for use by children only, you will be deemed liable for the accident.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you’’ve been involved in an accident which wasn’t your fault and you would like to claim slip, trip and fall compensation, call Accident Advice Helpline. In order to claim, the incident must have occurred within the last three years.

    How can I claim compensation?

    If you would like to claim compensation for a public place accident, it’s important that you have the relevant information to support your public liability claim. Write down everything that happened and ask any eyewitnesses for their contact details. Other sources of evidence which may be useful include photographs and medical statements.

    Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to discuss the details of your case with a helpful advisor. If you have a valid case for compensation, your details will be referred to one of our experienced personal injury lawyers. Our legal team will take care of every step of the process, enabling you to make your claim with minimal stress. Most of our clients never go to court and we operate a no-win no-fee* basis.

    Date Published: April 29, 2016

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.