How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Liability for injuries sustained in a pub

    Many of us enjoy a drink and a catch up at the local pub at the weekends, but what happens when a quiet drink ends up in an unexpected accident, causing injuries sustained in a pub?

    If you’’ve suffered a slip, trip or fall at a pub, or any other public place through no fault of your own, you have the right to claim compensation.

    Who is liable for injuries sustained in a pub?

    If you’’ve been involved in an accident in a public place, it is possible that somebody else was liable. If you’’ve had an accident on a night out, it may be possible to claim for injuries sustained in a pub.

    If you tripped over a broken tile, you slipped on a wet floor, which wasn’’t marked, or you fell as a result of poor lighting, for example, you may have a case for public liability compensation.

    All pub owners and managers have a duty of care to protect their patrons from injuries and accidents; they can do this by employing trained staff, using safety warnings and adhering to the latest health and safety guidelines. If you feel that you were injured as a result of their negligence, you may wish to pursue a public liability claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    You can claim for injuries sustained in a pub if you can prove that you were not at fault and the accident was caused by negligence on the part of the manager or their representatives. You will not be able to claim personal injury compensation if you were involved in a public place accident as a result of your own misjudgement. For example, you would not be able to claim for a fall in a pub if weren’’t looking where you were going at the time.

    How can I make a claim?

    If you’’ve been injured in a public place and you were not at fault, Accident Advice Helpline could help you to claim the payout you deserve.

    If the accident happened within the last three years and you have witness statements, medical records and any other forms of evidence which support your claim, call us now to talk through your slip and trip claim with one of our helpful advisors. Our lines are open 24 hours a day on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Alternatively, visit our website and see if you are eligible for no-win no-fee* compensation using our 30-second eligibility test.

    Date Published: April 6, 2016

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.