How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Liability for injuries sustained in a community garden

    Many of us enjoy visiting parks and community gardens when it gets a little warmer and the sun appears. If you’’ve been injured after suffering a slip, trip or fall in a community garden, and you believe that you were not at fault, Accident Advice Helpline could help you to claim compensation.

    Who is liable for an accident in a community garden?

    If you visit a public place, such as a community garden, you have a right to feel safe. The person or authority in charge of maintaining the community garden should take the relevant steps to reduce the risk of accidents in a public place, such as slips and trips. If you’’ve been injured in a public place and you believe your injuries resulted from negligence on the part of the authority that manages the garden, you may be able to claim public liability compensation.

    It is important to note that not everyone who has a public place accident can make a compensation claim, whether in a community garden or any other public space. Your claim will only be approved if another party was liable for your injuries. If you slipped because you weren’’t looking where you going, for example, you will be liable for your injuries, rather than a local authority.

    You want to claim compensation: What are your options?

    If you wish to make a claim for personal injury compensation, you can either process the claim yourself or seek advice from a legal firm like Accident Advice Helpline. We are here to help make the claims process simple and stress-free. We take over every aspect of the claims process and the majority of our clients never have to go to court. We have more than 15 years of experience in dealing with slip, trip and fall claims, and we operate a no-win no-fee* policy.

    If you’ would like to make a claim, it’’s a good idea to get all the relevant information and documents related to your case together. In order to claim, you must have been injured in the last three years. You should have evidence to support your injury claim. Call one of our friendly advisers and they will be able to give you an idea of whether or not you have a good chance of claiming compensation. If you do stand a good chance, your case will be passed over to one of our experienced personal injury lawyers.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Call us now on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 to set the ball rolling.

    Date Published: April 29, 2016

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.