How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Should the language barrier affect my hotel claim abroad?

    Sadly, accidents usually happen when you least expect them and if you’re abroad, they can be even more traumatic. If you’ve been involved in an accident abroad or you’ve suffered illness while on holiday and you weren’t to blame, Accident Advice Helpline can help you to claim travel accident compensation.

    Travel accidents

    Whether you’re travelling the world on an adventure of a lifetime, jetting off for a romantic weekend away or heading to a sunny beach for a family holiday, travel accidents are the last thing you want to think about, but sadly, many people find themselves dealing with injuries and illnesses abroad. Examples of travel accidents include:

    • Slips, trips and falls
    • Food poisoning
    • Flying, boat and cruise accidents
    • Car crashes abroad

    Can I make a travel accident claim?

    If you’ve been injured overseas or you became ill while you were on holiday and you can prove that you weren’t to blame, you should be able to claim compensation. Compensation can be used to cover the cost of disrupted travel plans, medical care and lost earnings.

    Compensation is not always available for every travel accident or incident abroad and it is important to ensure you have the right evidence to support your case.

    Will the language barrier affect my claim?

    Accident Advice Helpline has expertise in handling travel claims and they will take care of all the leg work, so you don’t have to worry about a thing. All the lawyers need you to do is provide them with the relevant information and documentation and they will handle your claim with professionalism and expertise.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you’ve been in an accident abroad or you want to make a claim for an illness you suffered while overseas, it’s advisable to collect as much information as possible. Note down the exact details of the incident, ask eyewitnesses for contact details and seek medical attention. Statements from doctors and witnesses can be used by personal injury lawyers to back up your claim. It’s also a good idea to keep travel receipts and details of lost earnings. If you’re struggling with the language barrier at the time of the incident, keep records and details in the original language, so that they can be translated. If you are dealing with services, such as the police force, ask if there is a translator available and ensure that everything is written down.

    Date Published: September 30, 2014

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.