There are many different types of accidents at work and work-related illnesses. What kind of work claims can be made essentially depends on the type of work injury or the occupational illness you suffered or are suffering with and what caused your injury at work or work-induced illness.
What kind of work claims are there?
Basically, work claims may consist of claims for:
- Slips, trips and falls or other accident resulting in fractured or broken bones
- Asbestos-related illnesses
- Construction accident
- Illness caused by prolonged exposure to harmful substances
- Illness caused by work accidents causing massive exposure to harmful substances
- Industrial deafness
- Injuries by electrocution, fire or explosions
- Product liability
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Vibration white finger
- Work-induced stress, anxiety and/or depression
What kind of work claims are successful?
In essence, any work injury compensation claim has a good chance of being successful as long as:
- The claim has been initiated within three years of the date the workplace accident occurred or, in case of industrial illnesses, within three years of the date the occupational disease was diagnosed
- Someone else was responsible for your work-related accident or condition
Evidence to prove that your accident at work or work-related ill-health was caused by someone else’s mistake or negligence has to be provided.
What kind of work claims can Accident Advice Helpline help you with?
With well over 15 years’ experience in handling industrial injury claims, our team of in-house solicitors has the ability to help you with any kind of claim, regardless of the type or severity of your injury or illness.
What you can expect
When you first get in touch with us, you will be asked a few questions to establish whether you do indeed have a case for a potentially successful claim. Once we have confirmed your eligibility to claim, we will offer to assign one of our skilled solicitors to your case.
While you will be under no obligation to take us up on this offer, doing so is highly recommended not just by us, but also by our patron, the well-known consumer champion, TV personality and journalist Dame Esther Rantzen.
If and when you do accept this offer, we will assign a solicitor with years of experience in your type of claim to your case. This solicitor will then support you on a no-win, no-fee basis throughout the whole claim process.
To get your claim started, call our freephone helpline from a landline or mobile on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 now.
Date Published: August 1, 2016
Author: Accident Advice