How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury: Most bizarre health & safety cases: No spectacles on a children’s bouncy castle

    Case 211 presented to the HSE ‘Myth Busters’ panel ( revolved around a little boy being refused access to a bouncy castle because he could not remove his glasses, which represented a serious risk of public injury. Many parents subsequently challenged his decision as over-the-top.

    Personal injury claims

    While the HSE’s panel did state that it was a shame the attendant made no attempt to find a way to allow the little lad a go (even after an explanation that the child was unable to see without his glasses), he was not wrong to ask for their removal.

    Apparently, operators are advised by HSE guidance to ask for spectacles to be removed. This is because glasses can fall off, get broken and subsequently cause injury to the wearer or other children, leaving operators at risk of public liability claims against them.

    Eligibility to claim injury compensation

    Had the attendant not asked for the boy’s glasses to be removed and he or another child had been injured as a result, the parents of the injured child would have been able to claim for personal injury compensation. In a similar fashion, if you or your child were injured by falling, slipping or tripping in any given public place, you may qualify to make a compensation claim.

    Slips, trips and falls

    While there are other potential dangers of injuries in shops, restaurants and other places regularly accessed by the public; falls, slips and trips appear to be the main causes of accidents in varying public places. Injuries incurred in such accidents can range from cuts and bruises to broken bones and even serious head injuries.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline

    In order to qualify for a claim, your injury must have been incurred through someone else’s fault and within the past three years. You can determine your eligibility and chances of success in making compensation claims by speaking to an Accident Advice Helpline advisor. Friendly, knowledgeable and helpful, advisers can be reached 24 hours a day, seven days a week via the firm’s free-phone number.

    Making trips and slips injury claims

    Claims are invariably dealt with by highly qualified legal professionals with years of experience in personal injury claim procedures. Likely to deal with most formalities involved in public liability compensation claims on the phone, Accident Advice Helpline’s lawyers work on conditional fee agreements, meaning their services come with a no win, no fee* promise.

    Date Published: November 20, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.