How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim jargon buster: litigator

    When it comes to compensation claims, legal jargon can be a barrier for the layperson and this is where the expert lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline come in useful.

    If you’re thinking about claiming compensation for an accident at work or work-related illness, don’t let tricky terminology put you off.

    What does litigator mean?

    Legal language is dotted with phrases and terms, which are unfamiliar to those without formal legal training and this can make the process of claiming work injury compensation difficult. There are lots of different words used to describe legal actions, events and parties and often, busting through the jargon is the hardest part of any compensation-related task.

    If you’re struggling to work out what legal texts mean and how they affect you, Accident Advice Helpline is there to assist you and make the claims process clear and simple.

    Litigator is a word used to describe a party involved in a legal case or somebody that is included in the process of litigation. Litigation usually refers to a legal case, which is due to proceed through the court system.

    Open Claim Calculator

    How can I find out if I have a case for compensation?

    If you’ve been injured at work due to an accident, which occurred in the last three years and you have the relevant information to support your case and show that you were not to blame, you could successfully claim work accident compensation.

    At the time of the incident, try to gather as much information in as much detail as possible; take photographs, record exact details of the time, location and who was present at the scene and ask eyewitnesses to jot down an account of what happened.

    Seek medical advice as quickly as possible so that a medical statement can be provided to back up your claim. You should also report the incident to your manager or supervisor and it should be recorded in an accident book.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you have a valid work injury claim, our personal injury lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline will strive to get you the compensation you deserve.

    The entire process will be handled for you and most clients do not have to go to court. If you are successful, the compensation you receive can help with medical costs or rehabilitation or be used to cover bills and rent or mortgage payments in the event that you lose out on earnings because of your work injury.

    Call us today on 0800 689 0500, for more information.

    Date Published: March 2, 2015

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.