How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim jargon buster: Injunction

    Whether you are making an accident claim such as from a slip, trip or fall or if you are part of a court case the legal jargon can be confusing and exhausting. There are many different phrases which are likely to be used by lawyers which you may not understand. One of these words is injunction.

    What does injunction mean and how does it relate to my accident claim?

    An injunction is a court order put forward by a solicitor to stop someone doing something. The most common type of injunction is not necessarily connected with an accident claim but usually stops someone, such as a criminal from going near a property or someone.

    How would an injunction relate to my accident claim and what if they don’t comply?

    An injunction may be useful if you are worried about the company or individual you are fighting against. If you feel they may try to threaten or intimidate you out of the court room from your slip, trip or fall claim you can ask for a temporary injunction to be put in place stopping them from approaching you.

    If they do not comply with this court order they could face a fine or even a prison sentence, so often a worse punishment than the compensation from the trip claim.

    Injunctions are used for many purposes and not just for an accident claim. They are used to help protect victims of crime and also to prevent future crimes being committed to that individual or group.  It could also mean that a company has to stop doing something which is potentially causing their workers to have a slip, trip or fall.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Claiming compensation

    If you have had an accident at work such as a slip, trip or fall or any other accident within the last three years that wasn’t your fault you may be able to make a claim.

    Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm that specialises in such accident claims as slips, trips and falls. All our lawyers work on a no-win no-fee basis, and with 15 years’ worth of experience they will make the process as simple and stress free as possible.

    To find out if you could make a trip claim speak to Accident Advice Helpline on our 24-hour Freephone number, 0800 689 0500, or take the online compensation calculator to find out how much your claim could be worth.

    Date Published: March 2, 2015

    Author: SM Content

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.