It is essential that any company with employees has sufficient insurance cover should the worst happen. Work accidents , such as slips, trips and falls in the work place, are common occurrences and can lead to serious injury as well as personal injury claims.
What is employers liability?
Employers are responsible for the health and safety of their employees while they are at work. Employers’ liability insurance enables them to meet the cost of compensation for any injuries or illness suffered by workers, that they are deemed responsible for causing.
Employers also have a number of responsibilities to their staff in order to minimise the chances of an accident at work, such as:
- Providing sufficient work space
- Ensuring staff are fully trained
- Minimising noise
- Making sure equipment is safe
However, employees can take all necessary precautions yet workplace accidents can still happen, which can lead to personal injury claims.
What can injured workers claim for?
Obviously there are many situations that could lead to a work accident, but here are just a few examples of what employer liability compensation might cover:
- Loss of earnings: Time spent not earning due to being off work following an injury or illness suffered in the workplace is something that all employees should be compensated for.
- Expenses: If you are no longer able to walk or cycle to work for example due to a workplace injury that was not your fault you may be compensated for the additional expense.
- Medical costs: If you have been injured at work you may need specialist and costly medical care. This can include prescriptions, physiotherapy and other on-going costs.
If you have been injured at work, you may be entitled to make a claim
There are many companies out there who offer expert advice for people who have been injured in an accident at work. You will need to enlist the help of a reputable claims company with plenty of experience. to help you get the award you are entitled to.
Accident Advice Helpline
Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm which specialises in personal injury compensation. We have 15 years’ experience of dealing with claims for accidents at work, such as repetitive strain injuries, and our friendly, professional advisers are available on a Freephone helpline, which is available 24 hours, seven days a week.
What’s more, our services are available on a 100 per cent no-win no-fee* basis, meaning you are at no financial risk, should your claim be unsuccessful. Call us today on 0800 689 0500 to see if we can help you with your case.
Date Published: March 2, 2015
Author: Accident Advice