How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim jargon buster: Deponent

    Put simply a deponent is someone who gives evidence or acts as a witness under oath in a legal case.

    The deponent could be giving evidence on anything from a work accident to a road traffic accident, and is often called upon when somebody has been injured and wishes to make a compensation claim.

    The deponent is often used as part of pre-trial discovery set up by a lawyer before leading-on to a lawsuit and normally makes a voluntary declaration of facts in a written statement.

    Cases that might involve a deponent

    A deponent can be called upon for all kinds of personal injury cases, including:

    • Construction site injury: Injuries in the construction industry can be severe. Should you be injured on a construction site it may not be just your health that will suffer. You may have to take time off work to recover, meaning you’ll incur a loss of earnings through no fault of your own.
    • Workplace accident: Injuries caused by an accident at work can range from the relatively minor to the serious and can be extremely debilitating to anyone who has suffered, meaning a claim for compensation which will often rely on the evidence of a deponent.
    • Road traffic accident: Accidents on the road can be a cause of injuries for those unfortunate enough to be involved. And if you’ve been hurt following a road traffic accident you might be entitled to compensation for your injuries, this is when the evidence of a deponent can be vital to your case.
    • Slips, trips and falls: Even the most minor accidents can have far-reaching consequences to your health, so anyone who has slipped on a wet floor or tripped on an uneven surface might have grounds for a compensation claim.

    Where do you turn to when it comes to claiming compensation?

    Accident Advice Helpline specialises in compensation claims following slips, trips or falls, accidents at work and road traffic accident claims, and has more than 15 years’ experience.

    Open Claim Calculator

    With the help of Accident Advice Helpline, you might just be able to get the valuable compensation that you are entitled to and, as most of the information is gathered over the phone, there is usually no need to attend court

    Call us today on 0800 689 0500, to find out if you can make a claim.

    Date Published: March 2, 2015

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.