How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim jargon buster: Compensation recovery unit

    When making an accident claim for an injury sustained due to a slip, trip or fall, for example, it can be stressful enough without long, legal documents with confusing and complex jargon.

    One such phrase which is often used in slip, trip or fall claims is compensation recovery unit.

    What is a compensation recovery unit?

    A compensation recovery unit works with solicitors and legal teams to recover any costs that were incurred through any disability benefit that was awarded due to the slip, trip or fall, or any NHS costs including ambulance services and hospital stays.

    Will I have much contact with this team during my accident claim?

    You will not necessarily have much to do with this team. Your solicitor or legal team, however, will need to register your slip, trip or fall claim with them within 30 days in order for them to start their proceedings.

    If a company is found at fault they will not only be liable to pay you compensation but any costs to government bodies that were incurred because of your personal injury.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Slip, trip or fall injuries do not only cost you money through loss of earnings, or bank charges from unpaid direct debits, for example, but it also can lead to charges for the NHS and local councils. The latter are the costs that the compensation recovery unit are responsible for recovering from the third party.

    Claiming personal injury compensation

    If you have had a slip, trip or fall within the last three years that wasn’t your fault, you may be able to make an accident claim.

    Accident Advice helpline has 15 years’ experience in this field, and their team of lawyers will help make the process as simple and stress free as possible. In fact many clients are able to settle their claim out of court, and all our lawyers work on a  no-win no-fee basis, so our clients are never at any financial risk.

    To find out more about making a slip, trip or fall claim speak to Accident Advice Helpline today on our Freephone number, 0800 689 0500. Lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for your convenience.

    Date Published: March 2, 2015

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.