Most people face potential hazards as part of their daily employment. You may not realise it, but even the safest-seeming jobs can result in accidents at work, including injuries for cleaners.
If you’ve been injured at work and you weren’t to blame for the accident, you have a right to claim compensation. Why not call Accident Advice Helpline and see how we could help?
Injuries for cleaners: What are the risks of being a cleaner?
If you work as a cleaner, you probably think that you’ve got a relatively safe job. While other industries may be more dangerous, this doesn’t mean that cleaning comes without risks. Potential injuries for cleaners include:
- Slips, trips and falls
- Injuries, such as skin irritation and burns, caused by exposure to cleaning products and chemicals
- Injuries caused by defective electrical equipment, such as vacuum cleaners
- Injuries related to asbestos exposure
- Handling injuries, such as back pain
Injuries for cleaners: Who is liable?
All employers in the UK are required to enforce health and safety measures to prevent accidents in the workplace. When you go to work, you have a right to feel safe. If you’ve been injured at work as a result of your employer’s negligence, you may wish to consider claiming compensation.
Employers may adopt the following measures to try and prevent work injuries for cleaners and work-related illnesses:
- Carrying out regular risk assessments
- Providing staff members with protective clothing and equipment
- Ensuring that all environments comply with health and safety guidelines
- Recording all incidents and learning from them
- Providing staff with relevant training, for example safe lifting and handling
- Placing warning and advice signs to reduce the risk of accidents, such as slips and trips
- Ensuring harmful chemicals are stored and used correctly
Injuries for cleaners: What should I do next?
If you wish to make a claim for work accident compensation, call Accident Advice Helpline or visit our website today. We have an expert team of personal injury lawyers with experience in dealing with work injury claims. We work on a no-win, no-fee basis, and we make every effort to ensure the process is as hassle-free as possible.
The majority of our clients never have to go to court and we can conduct most consultations over the phone. We keep you up to date with every aspect of your claim and we do everything we can to try and achieve a successful outcome.
Call us now on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile for more information.
Date Published: April 29, 2016
Author: Accident Advice