How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injured in an accident you’re not responsible for

    Have you been injured in an accident that you’re not responsible for? Are you wondering if you could claim compensation?

    If you’ve suffered injuries in an accident, which wasn’t your fault, Accident Advice Helpline could help you to make a successful personal injury claim. Call us now if you’ve been injured at work or you’ve sustained injuries as a result of slips, trips and falls.

    What to do if you’ve had an accident that you’re not responsible for

    If you’ve been involved in a work accident or you’ve been injured in a public place and you were not at fault, here are some steps to follow:

    • Report the accident to your supervisor if you’ve sustained work injuries, or the manager or managing authority if you had an accident in a public place.
    • Seek assistance for your injuries; see your GP if you have minor injuries, or visit your nearest Accident and Emergency department if your injuries are more severe.
    • Write down all the details you have about the incident, including the time and date, the exact location and what happened. It’s also a good idea to include the contact details of others who witnessed the accident.
    • Take photographs of the location of the accident and your injuries. If you slipped on a wet floor, or you tripped on a paving slab in the park, take photographs of the offending obstacles.

    When can I claim compensation?

    In order to claim personal injury compensation, you must have been involved in an accident that you’re not responsible for. You can’t expect your public place accident claim to be approved if you were at fault for the accident, for example, if you slipped because you didn’t pay attention to a warning sign.

    If you have evidence to confirm that you were involved in an accident that you’re not responsible for, call Accident Advice Helpline now to find out more about making a no-win no-fee* claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    We have more than 15 years of experience in helping people who have been injured in public place accidents, and our expert injury lawyers are on hand to take all the stress away from the claims process.

    Once your case has been passed to one of our experienced team members, you can focus on recovering. The majority of our clients never have to go to court, and we can carry out most consultations over the telephone. Call us now on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: October 6, 2016

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.