How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    If you injure yourself leaving a night spot, can you claim?

    It is a common belief that if you are involved in an accident after a few too many alcoholic beverages, and injure yourself leaving a night spot, you will be unable to claim compensation for your public accident.

    Slips, trips and falls on nights out are extremely common, and it is a misconception that your level of intoxication can prevent you from claiming compensation.

    Slips and trips on the tiles

    It is true that our level of awareness drops the more alcohol we drink. This doesn’t mean, however, that you are entirely to blame for any public accident you experience.

    Perhaps you tripped due to overflowing rubbish from nightclub bins, or slipped on wet flooring in the entrance. Maybe your heels didn’t agree with the damaged cobble-stone roads.

    If you believe a third party was responsible for the injury you sustained, you could have a valid case to claim personal injury compensation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Proving negligence

    While you may be responsible for an element of your public accident, if another factor contributed, you will be able to claim.

    Contributory negligence is a defence to a claim based on negligence from the third party, meaning that you are partly responsible for any injuries you have sustained.

    That being said, contributory negligence cannot wipe out your entire right to claim compensation, it merely deducts a specified amount from that which are you entitled to.

    It is helpful to support your claim with some form of evidence. Photographs of the issue that caused your trip or fall can be particularly helpful. Statements from neutral parties at the scene of the accident may also come in useful.

    Claiming for your fall

    Due to the complications surrounding alcohol-induced accidents, it is advisable to allow a law firm to handle your claim.

    Established in 2000, Accident Advice Helpline has over years of experience in helping victims of public accidents claim the personal injury compensation they are entitled to, regardless of any contributory negligence.

    With a nationwide legal team offering a 24-hour, seven-day-a-week service, Accident Advice Helpline is dedicated to providing you with a convenient, specialist service.

    Every claim is unique, so the best way to determine your eligibility is to call 0800 689 0500 for a free initial consultation regarding the details of your public accident. From there, Accident Advice Helpline will advise you on how best to proceed.

    Date Published: July 22, 2015

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.