How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Incompetent landlord? Your rights as a claimant

    If you are renting your house or flat then you may need to rely on your landlord for the maintenance and repairs on the house. However, you may be unlucky and get an incompetent landlord who does not help; this is when the risk of a slip, trip or fall injury or any type of injury or accident increases.

    Why does an incompetent landlord mean a higher risk of slips, trips or falls?

    Incompetent landlords as a rule generally do not maintain their properties or carry out repairs when they should do. When maintenance of a building slips this is when accidents such as slips, trips or falls could happen. This could be from loose carpeting, loose wires to broken floorboards or even leaks.

    What should I do if I have one of these landlords?

    If you have a repair that needs doing then try to contact the letting agent who manages your property, if they are not helpful and the landlord does not contact you back, seek advice from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau as they will be able to provide you with legal advice on your rights. Also, if the repair issues are damaging your health much more than a slip, trip or fall injury such as mould and damp you could speak to your local council’s environmental health team who could advise if they can help.

    As a claimant you have the right to make a slip, trip or fall claim when the reason for the injury was due to negligence on the landlord’s behalf. As long as you reported the issue before the fall injury then you have a right to claim against your landlord.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you have had a slip, trip or fall due to an incompetent landlord within the last three years you may be able to make a claim. Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm that specialises in accident claims such as slips, trips and falls.

    Open Claim Calculator

    With years of experience, our team of lawyers will make the claims process as simple and stress free as possible. In fact, many of our clients are able to settle their fall injury claim and many others without stepping foot into a court room.

    To find out more about making a slip, trip or fall claim speak to Accident Advice Helpline on our 24-hour Freephone number 0800 689 0500 today.

    Date Published: April 27, 2015

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.