How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    The implications of not sourcing another job post-injury

    If you’ve been injured in an accident at work or you suffer from a work-related illness, this could affect your future employability and your income.

    If you have work-related injuries, Accident Advice Helpline could help you to claim compensation for your injuries and the subsequent effects on your quality of life, regardless of whether or not your source another job post-injury.

    Work accident claims

    Work accident claims are submitted when an employee has suffered injuries or an illness at work through no fault of their own. Examples may include burns caused by faulty machinery or a slip, trip or fall, which occurred when the floor was slippery and there were no warning signs in place.

    The amount of work accident compensation that is awarded takes into account a number of factors, including:

    • the nature of the illness or injuries
    • the severity of the case
    • the short-term and long-term impact on the individual’s mental and physical health
    • the effects on the individual’s income and their ability to work in the future

    Can I make a claim if I’ve lost my job after an injury?

    If you’ve been forced to give up work as a result of a work injury or you’ve been unable to find a job following a work accident, you may be able to claim salary compensation. This form of compensation is awarded to people who have lost income in the past due to injury and those who will lose out in the future as a result of being unable to return to work either on an employed or self-employed basis.

    Open Claim Calculator

    The amount of compensation you can claim depends on the individual case.

    What should I do if I’ve had an accident at work?

    If you’ve had an accident at work and suffered injuries and you were not to blame, you could claim work accident compensation. Report the incident to your manager or a senior member of staff, note down details about what happened, where you were and what time the accident took place and see a doctor so that your injuries can be assessed.

    It is also advisable to ask any colleagues you were with at the time for their contact details so that they can provide a witness statement.

    Once you have the information, our professional lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline will discuss the finer details of your work injury claim with you and take over all the hard work. Call us today on 0800 689 0500 for more information.

    Date Published: April 27, 2015

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.