How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    I’m insured against personal injury, can I still claim?

    Being insured against personal injury, whether associated with your car, work or something more general does not have to affect the ability to claim compensation with a company like Accident Advice Helpline.

    Maybe your particular incident is not covered by your insurance policy or maybe the payout is not what you feel you are entitled to. If this is the case then call Accident Advice Helpline’s freephone number and discuss your claim with one of our friendly advisors.

    Car accidents

    If you have had a road traffic accident in the last three years which was not your fault then you can make a claim for compensation.

    It is a legal necessity to have insurance and you must tell the insurance company about any accident on the road that you have, however, the claim for compensation does not have to go through your insurance company.

    You have to co-operate with your insurer but you shouldn’t make any statements about liability for the accident and consulting Accident Advice Helpline is a good move at this stage. It is also wise not to communicate with the other driver’s insurance company; allow your lawyer to deal with this.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Work-related accidents

    You may have a workplace insurance policy, either taken out by yourself or through your employer. In the event of any work accident, check this policy first but if there is any reluctance from your employer then you can go further with Accident Advice Helpline.

    Injuries in a public place

    Businesses should have public liability insurance in place to respond to any claims for compensation following accidents on their premises that are a result of their negligence. If you suffer a slip, trip, fall or other accident then call Accident Advice Helpline to see how best to deal with your case.

    As a general rule, you shouldn’t discount claiming for compensation even if an insurer covers the accident that you have had, regardless of if it is work accident, car crash or something else. Accident Advice Helpline can help with instances where normal insurance will not suffice so it is worth talking to our experienced legal team to see where you stand.

    If you are not satisfied with the results from your insurance company following your road traffic related injury then call our Freephone number, 0800 689 0500, for a consultation today.

    Date Published: April 27, 2015

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.