How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    If I’m injured watching a pro cricket fixture, can I make a claim?

    If you’ve been injured while watching or playing a game of cricket, you could have a case for personal injury compensation. If you suffered injuries as a result of slips, trips or falls, you were struck by a ball or you developed an illness after eating at a public cricket ground, call Accident Advice Helpline for information relating to making a public liability claim.

    Can I claim for an injury sustained while watching a cricket match?

    If you were injured in a public place, such as a cricket ground whilst watching a cricket fixture, and you were not to blame for the accident, you may have a case for compensation. If you believe that your injuries were caused by negligence on behalf of an individual or an organisation, such as a cricket club, and you have evidence to support this notion, the expert personal injury lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline may be able to secure a public place injury claim.

    Examples of claims, which may be approved, include:

    • slipping on a wet floor, which is not clearly marked with a warning sign
    • food poisoning caused by improper storage or cooking techniques at a public food outlet
    • injuries caused by overcrowding
    • injuries caused by slip and trip obstructions
    • injuries caused by poorly-maintained seating

    What should I do next?

    At the time of a public place accident, it is essential to report the incident to a steward and the accident should be recorded by the club; subsequent investigations should be carried out and regular risk assessment should be enforced to make sure a similar incident does not occur in the future. You should see a doctor so that your injuries can be assessed and recorded in your medical notes; you should also provide a statement to outline what happened and ask eye witnesses to note down their version of events.

    If you would like to claim slip, trip and fall compensation, gather all the relevant information together and contact Accident Advice Helpline. Your case will be handled with expertise by our trained personal injury lawyers who have experience in the field of public liability compensation. Accident Advice Helpline is a reputable firm, which helps to make claiming compensation stress-free; the majority of clients do not have to go to court and most consultations take place over the telephone for your convenience. So give us a call today on 0800 689 0500 to speak to one of our advisors.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: July 22, 2015

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.