How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • **Required

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    If you have an accident on your provisional licence, are you covered?

    Drivers are required by law to have insurance, regardless of whether they hold a full or a provisional licence. If you have a road traffic accident as a provisional licence holder, you should therefore be covered by that insurance.

    Getting insurance with a provisional licence

    Getting affordable insurance while driving under a provisional licence can be rather difficult. Most insurance companies do, however, offer a variety of options to make premiums a little more affordable.

    You could, for example, be a named driver on someone else’s policy. Alternatively, you could take out a learner driver or provisional licence policy and have someone over the age of 21 with a full licence as a named driver on that policy.

    Why it is important to get insurance on a provisional licence

    You may well wonder why it is so important to get a policy even while you are still learning with a provisional licence, and do not yet have a full licence.

    There are two reasons for this, the first of which is the fact that it is, after all, the law and not having insurance could result in substantial fines or points on your licence.

    Compensation claims

    Secondly, and perhaps even more importantly, if you cause an accident on the road and someone is injured, the injured party could end up making a claim for compensation.

    Depending on the severity of the injury, you could end up having to pay them tens, if not hundreds of thousands of pounds to compensate them for their pain, suffering and expenses incurred as a result of their injury. Without insurance, this could spell financial ruin for you.

    You and compensation

    Naturally, the ability to claim goes both ways. In other words, if you are hurt in a traffic accident caused by someone else, you may be eligible for driver injury compensation.

    Here at the Accident Advice helpline, we have a team of highly trained, experienced car accident claim specialists ready to help you make a successful claim.

    No-win, no-fee*

    All of our in-house solicitors work under conditional fee agreements, meaning you will not have to worry about paying for their services until after your compensation claim has been brought to a successful conclusion.

    At this point, we will deduct any fees and other expenses incurred during the claim process as a percentage of the compensation you were awarded.

    Contact us

    We can be contacted by dialling 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile. Both lines are open 24/7, so don’t delay, call us now.

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading name of Slater and Gordon UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 125 446 327, registered office 50/52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activity.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.