How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to seek medical attention in Europe

    If you’’re travelling in Europe this summer, it’’s a good idea to do some research before you travel. If you do need medical assistance for travel accidents, it’’s wise to be aware of what to do, and who to call… how to seek medical attention in Europe.

    What to do if you need to seek medical attention in Europe

    If you’’re travelling abroad this summer, hopefully, you won’’t need to seek medical attention in Europe. However, if you sustain travel injuries, or you’’re involved in a holiday accident, there are places and people that can help.

    If you’’re a UK citizen, you’’re entitled to seek medical attention in Europe, which should be provided free of charge or at a discounted rate if you have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). This card is free, and you can apply online or by completing a form at your local post office. Your card will have details of your name, your National Insurance Number and your nationality.

    If you have an accident overseas and you need medical attention in Europe, visit the nearest hospital or call the emergency services. Find out the emergency number for the
    country you’’re visiting before you travel. If you don’t know it, call 112. This is a universal emergency number, which works in most countries.

    Your EHIC card should cover any treatment you require before you are due to go home. If you need follow-up treatment and you are fit to travel, this will be provided back home.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Travel insurance

    If you need treatment which is not covered by the EHIC card, or you don’’t have a card, you may be able to claim the cost of your care on your travel insurance. Check the details of your policy carefully before you contact your insurance provider if you’’ve had an accident abroad.

    Claiming compensation for a holiday accident

    If you’ve been injured abroad or you were forced to seek medical attention in Europe and you were not at fault, contact Accident Advice Helpline.

    If you have proof that your holiday injuries resulted from negligence on the part of a business owner or a tour operator, you may be able to claim travel accident compensation.

    Call us now to find out more about making a no-win, no-fee* claim. We have more than 15 years of experience in handling an array of personal injury claims, including holiday accident claims.

    Our lines are open now on 0800 689 0500, or on 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: August 1, 2016

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.