How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to register for a GP in the UK

    If you’’ve been injured in accidents at work, or you’’ve suffered a slip, trip or fall, your GP may be your first port of call. If you have minor work-related injuries, you develop symptoms or feel unwell, you should arrange to see your GP. If you require further investigations or specialist treatment, your GP will refer you on to a specialist. With this in mind, it is important to register for a GP in the UK.

    How to register for a GP in the UK

    In the UK, you have a right to choose which GP surgery you join; however, there may be exceptions. GP practices are not allowed to reject new patient applications based on grounds such as gender, age of sexual orientation. Yet they are allowed to turn patients away if they are working at capacity or the patient lives outside of the practice boundary.

    You can register for a GP if you live outside of the boundary, but it is up to practice staff members to decide whether or not to accept you. If the register is approaching capacity, priority may be given to those who live in the local area.

    If you’’ve moved, or you don’’t have a GP, it’’s very easy to register for a GP. You can find details of local surgeries online. You can also read reviews and find out about the services they offer, such as late night opening or Saturday surgeries.

    Once you’’ve found a surgery, all you have to do is call in and fill in a form. The form will ask you some questions about your personal details, your medical history, and information about your previous GP practice. You will be asked to provide details of any underlying health conditions or allergies and any medication you have taken or are currently using.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Why do I need to register for a GP?

    In the UK, a GP is the first line of healthcare. You should go to your GP if you feel ill, you notice changes in your health or you would like advice about losing weight, contraception or quitting smoking. You can access all kinds of services through your GP surgery. Unless you have had a very serious accident or you fall ill suddenly, you will probably see your GP, rather than seeking urgent medical attention.

    If you’’ve been injured at work, it’’s important to seek medical advice. If you wish to claim compensation, your doctor’s medical report could be used as evidence. If your work accident happened in the last three years, call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to find out more about making a no-win, no-fee* claim for work injury compensation.

    Date Published: April 29, 2016

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.