How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to claim for an injury sustained abroad

    When your holiday in foreign climes doesn’’t go as planned, you may have reached a point where you are considering how to claim for an injury sustained abroad.

    Many travellers choose to claim on their insurance for some holiday mishaps; however, travel accident compensation is another option for those who are looking to make a claim for an injury sustained abroad.

    How to claim for an injury sustained abroad

    If you have sustained a holiday illness or injury, and you believe a third party is to blame, you may be able to claim travel accident compensation.

    In the case that you do want to pursue a claim for an injury sustained abroad, you should be aware that travel accident claims can be complex. With this in mind, it is always best to have a legal team behind you with experience in this area.

    Generally speaking, if you booked your holiday as a package through a UK travel provider, you have up to three years to make your claim for an injury sustained abroad. You will be covered under UK law for all aspects of the holiday booked through the agency. For example, your hotel, flights and any rep-endorsed excursions will be covered.

    Open Claim Calculator

    This makes the claims process more straightforward than it would be if you had booked your holiday independently. If you have pieced together your getaway on your own, you will likely have to adhere to the laws in the country you visited. In China, for instance, you only have 12 months from the date of your accident to make a claim.

    The best way to determine both where liability lies, and your eligibility to claim, is to have a free initial consultation with an Accident Advice Helpline specialist. From there, we can mutually decide if you have a claim worth pursuing, and what are the best next steps forward.

    Getting in touch with us

    For more information on travel accident compensation, and to receive your free initial consultation, speak with one of our friendly advisors today.

    Our lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for your convenience. What’s more, there’’s never any pressure to pursue your claim at any point during or following your call to us.

    Speak with us today at a time that works for you on freephone number, 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.

    Date Published: August 1, 2016

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.