How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How do you know if you have an infection?

    Sometimes slips, trips and falls and other accidents can cause more than the initial injury we sustain. These injuries can lead to further illness or infection and additional distress and discomfort.

    When you are suffering from an infection, it is important to stay at home and recuperate, as it is likely your illness could be transferred to other members of your team at work.

    If you feel as though your initial injury and, subsequently, your illness is the fault of someone else, you may want to look into taking legal action to claim personal injury compensation for the discomfort you have endured.

    Beyond slips and trips: Recognising an infection

    Whether a laceration on your limb from a fall becomes infected or you suspect you have sinusitis, there are a number of signs and symptoms common to all types of infection, which can help you determine your condition.

    Common infection symptoms include, but are not limited to:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • Pain in and around the infected area
    • Inflammation
    • Unpleasant odours, discharge and/or pus
    • Feeling ‘run down’

    In the case of severe infection, you may suffer from one or all of the following:

    • Fever, temperature over 38 degrees C
    • Hot and cold sweats
    • Nausea with or without vomiting
    • Diarrhoea

    Ask the experts

    If you believe you are suffering from an infection of any kind, seek medical attention. It is always advisable to pursue medical help when you are unsure of the condition of your health.

    Your GP should be your first port of call. However, if you have a severe issue and are in need of urgent medical care, it is best to attend your local accident and emergency department.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    From slips and falls in town to accidents in the workplace, no matter how you sustained your injury, if you feel you were not to blame, you could have a case eligible to claim personal injury compensation.

    Established in 2000, Accident Advice Helpline now has years of experience in assisting victims of personal injury claim the compensation they deserve for the distress they have experienced.

    Accident Advice Helpline initially offers a free consultation to establish the eligibility of your case, following which, our dedicated legal team works on a no-win no-fee** basis to ensure you receive the compensation you are entitled to.

    Call today on 0800 689 0500, or text ‘claim365’ to 88010.

    Date Published: July 22, 2015

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.