How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How do you deal with severe burns?

    When accidents at work occur, there is often a first aider on hand to deal with the harm and distress the victim is experiencing. That being said, there are times when basic first aid doesn’t provide the injured party with the level of medical treatment required. This is often the case when considering how to deal with severe burns.

    How to deal with severe burns

    Initially, you must deal with severe burns by undertaking standard first aid steps for burns. According to guidance from the NHS, this involves:

    • Stopping the burning process
    • Removing any clothing or accessories from the affected area
    • Immediately cooling the burn, for up to 20 minutes under a running cool tap
    • Keeping the victim warm
    • Covering the burn with cling film
    • Taking pain killers, such as paracetamol or an anti-inflammatory

    However, when burn injuries occur at work, it is important to seek urgent medical attention in some cases. This is how you deal with severe burns.

    When to seek medical attention

    According to the NHS, a burn victim should seek medical attention if:

    • The burns are large or deep
    • The affected area is left white or charred
    • Blisters appear on the burns
    • Chemicals or electrics have caused the burns

    In addition, a burns victims should always seek medical attention if they are over the age of 60, or under the age of five. Victims with existing medical conditions, a low immune system or those who experience a state of shock following the work-related accident, should also receive urgent care.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Claiming compensation for accidents at work

    If you have been involved in an accident at work, and you believe your employer or a colleague is to blame for the harm you have suffered, you may be able to claim compensation.

    At Accident Advice Helpline, we have over 15 years’ experience assisting victims of personal injury in claiming the compensation they are entitled to.

    No matter the nature of your accident at work, we offer a free initial consultation to help us determine both liability and your eligibility to claim.

    Getting in touch

    For more information, and to receive your free initial consultation, speak with one of our friendly advisors. Our freephone helpline is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call us at your convenience on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.

    Date Published: August 1, 2016

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.