How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    What happens when a hotel breaches its duty of care?

    Whether you’re enjoying a romantic escape, a family holiday or you’re staying overnight before a meeting, you have the right to expect certain standards when you book a hotel room. Hotel owners and duty managers have a duty to ensure all guests are safe from airborne illnesses, accidents, slips, trips and falls and food poisoning. If you’ve had a negative experience and you believe that a hotel has breached its duty of care, you may wish to consider claiming public liability compensation.

    What should I expect at a hotel?

    Whether you are at home or abroad, when you stay in a hotel, you have the right to feel safe and secure and you should not be put at risk of illness as a result of staying in a certain establishment. Hotel owners and shift managers should ensure that the relevant steps are taken to prevent falls, ensure guests receive properly prepared, edible food and reduce the risk of accidents in the room. All owners have a duty to adhere to the latest health and safety guidelines in a bid to protect the public.

    Types of hotel accident and injury

    The most common types of hotel accident and injury include:

    • Undercooked food
    • Food poisoning
    • Slips and trips
    • Public place falls around the swimming pool, down the stairs or over obstructions, which are not clearly marked
    • Injuries caused by faulty electronics and broken furniture

    Can I make a personal injury claim?

    If you’ve been injured abroad or while staying in a hotel in the UK and you were not to blame, you may be eligible to claim travel accident compensation or submit a claim for slip, trip or fall compensation. Contact Accident Advice helpline via the 24-hour helpline or visit the website to take the eligibility test and let the expert personal injury lawyers handle your case and take away all the stresses and strains. The incident must have occurred within the last three years and you must have the relevant evidence to demonstrate that the accident or injury was not your fault.

    Accident Advice Helpline has been helping people to claim compensation for many years and their expert team of lawyers works on a no win, no fee** basis. The claims process is designed to be a simple and hassle-free as possible and most of the information required can be gathered over the telephone. The firm is endorsed by Esther Rantzen, consumer rights champion, and has built a solid reputation based on fairness and reliability.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: September 30, 2014

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.