How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Had an accident in China? Here’s what NOT to do

    When you suffer an injury or illness abroad, it can be particularly frightening, especially so as you are away from your creature comforts. Not knowing how to get help for your travel ailments can be upsetting for victims of travel illness and injury, no matter where are holidaying. This includes travellers who have experienced an accident in China.

    The important thing to remember if you have been involved in an accident in China through no fault of your own is that you are likely to be able to claim travel accident compensation on your return home. That is, of course, if you have dealt with your accident in China correctly.

    What not to do if you have an accident in China

    When you suffer an accident in China you are required to pay a fee before you receive any medical treatment, as the healthcare in this country is not free. Do not be tempted to forego medical treatment and advice to save money.

    Rather than skipping medical treatment following your accident in China, seek immediate medical care and keep a copy of all costs and charges. These are likely to be covered by either your travel insurance or through a travel accident compensation claim.

    Do not leave things too late either. If you have booked your holiday independently, there is a one-year cap on claiming travel accident compensation following an accident in China. As soon as you return home, start your claim for travel accident compensation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    It may be that if you booked your holiday through a UK travel provider that you are protected under UK law, and may have a little longer to place your claim. Despite this, it really isn’’t worth the risk of holding out. Get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline as soon as you can following your accident in China.

    Claiming compensation for your accident in China

    If you have been involved in an accident abroad through no fault of your own, Accident Advice Helpline could help you recover the compensation you are entitled to.

    Travel accident compensation claims can be complex, which is why we offer a free initial consultation to all victims of travel related injury and illness.

    For more information, and to receive your free initial consultation, speak with one of our specialist advisors today. Call our freephone helpline number, 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.

    Date Published: August 1, 2016

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.