How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • **Required

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    A guest got food poisoning at my wedding, am I liable?

    Your wedding day should be the happiest day of your life and an occasion you’ll remember and cherish forever, but what happens if something goes wrong, a guest suffers a slip, trip or fall or people fall ill with food poisoning?

    If you are worried about liability for accidents and injuries at your wedding, call Accident Advice Helpline for expert advice from trained personal injury lawyers.

    Am I liable for guests suffering food poisoning at my wedding?

    Following months of careful planning and investing a huge amount of money in a lovely venue and a delicious sit-down meal, the last thing you want is to be handling calls from angry guests who have been up all night after your wedding with food poisoning. The question of liability comes down to who provided the food on the day.

    If you hired a caterer and you can prove that food poisoning was directly linked to errors during the preparation, storage or cooking processes, you could have a legal claim against the caterer, since your guests suffered illness as a result of their negligence. If this is the case and you have evidence to support your personal injury claim, Accident Advice Helpline could help you make a successful public liability compensation claim.

    What about slips, trips and falls?

    If you get married in a public place or you have hired a private venue and there are slip and trip hazards which exist as a result of flouting health and safety guidelines or poor maintenance, you may be entitled to claim slip, trip and fall compensation in the event that a guest is injured.

    If the flooring is in poor condition, there is a spillage which is not clearly marked, or somebody falls as a result of poor or unsafe building work, this may warrant claiming public place accident compensation.

    What should I do next?

    If you would like to find out more about claiming compensation for a public place accident or incident, call Accident Advice Helpline or visit the website to complete the simple 30-second eligibility test, which is designed to help you determine if you have a valid case for compensation.

    Note down as much information about the incident as possible and ask guests to provide statements and contact details. If you do have a viable claim, the expert lawyers will take over and handle all the hard work for you.

    Call us on Freephone number, 0800 689 0500, to speak with a friendly advisor and start your claim process today.

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading name of Slater and Gordon UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 125 446 327, registered office 50/52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activity.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.