Whether you have been involved in an accident at work, at home, in public or feel you have grounds to claim travel accident compensation, a law firm, such as Accident Advice Helpline can help you establish if you have grounds for a successful claim for personal injury compensation.
The little intricacies surrounding individual accidents make each case unique and therefore, seeking professional specialist advice is the only sure way of knowing whether your claim is worth pursuing or not.
Meeting the criteria for a personal injury claim
In all cases, no matter the nature of your accident – from slips, trips and falls to travel-related food poisoning – if you have been injured and believe you are not at fault, it is likely that you will receive the compensation deserved for the harm you have suffered.
To process a claim, in most cases, you will need to show that:
- The accident that caused your injury occurred within the last three years
- You are not liable for the accident in question
- A third party is responsible for the illness or injury you sustained
Supporting your personal injury claim
To strengthen your claim for personal injury compensation, it is advisable to take action with immediate effect, following your accident.
Evidence and documentation to support your claim, include, but are not limited to:
- Photographs at the scene of the accident: Car collisions, slips, trips and falls, or hotel-based accidents, are just three instances where photographic evidence can support your statement
- Documentation regarding illnesses and injuries: Ensure you have visited the GP, hospital, medical room or other health facility, so that both your accident and treatment are documented and will be accessible on request
- Witness details: Names and contact details for any witnesses of the accident, or local residents in the case of accidents such as trips due to potholes where they can provide further information about the issue that caused your accident
Most claims handled by Accident Advice Helpline can be completed over the phone, presenting no need for the victim to attend court. It may be that a medical appointment will be arranged in support of your claim, to measure the extent of the injuries you have sustained.
Accident Advice Helpline
Should you decide to go ahead with your claim, you can rest and recuperate at home, safe in the knowledge that you are at no financial risk under Accident Advice Helpline’s no-win no-fee* guarantee.
Call today on 0800 689 0500 and speak to the experts in personal injury compensation claims.
Date Published: July 22, 2015
Author: Accident Advice