If you’ve been hurt in a road traffic accident, work accident or slip, trip and fall, there’s a good chance that you may be entitled to file a claim for compensation.
You would be amazed at how many people don’t bother and choose to do nothing, thinking instead that it’s not worth their while and just a waste of time.
So what are some of the reasons?
Here are five of the most common reasons people give for not proceeding with a claim for injury compensation:
- Cost of lawyers: The cost of paying for a lawyer often puts people off from making a claim. But there are companies that work on a no win, no fee* basis; meaning that they won’t pay a penny if the case is not successful.
- It takes too long: People often think it takes years to make a claim. Though it can often just take one phone call to get your claim moving. The rest is then done by the legal representatives on your behalf.
- Having to appear in court: The fear of standing up in court is often enough to put people off making a claim for a slip, trip or fall or road accident. However, more often than not, once you have given all of your details over the phone, there will be no reason for you to appear in court.
- Legal jargon: The thought of dealing with complicated legal procedures will often be enough to stop people proceeding with a claim for compensation following an accident that was not their fault. However, a reputable company will speak to their client in plain English, letting them know what is happening throughout the duration of the claim.
- It’s not worth it: Many people will often think it’s simply not worth making a personal accident compensation claim. However, if you’ve been hurt in an accident that was not your fault, you could be entitled to thousands for the injuries you have received.
Have you been hurt in an accident that wasn’t your fault?
We work on a 100 per cent no-win no-fee* basis and our advisors are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week on our Freephone helpline number, 0800 689 0500. We are happy to assist you in the strictest of confidence.
Date Published: April 27, 2015
Author: Accident Advice