A beach holiday is intended to be the ultimate in relaxation. Wiling days away on the ocean front, basking in the glorious, golden sunshine is the idea of paradise for many people. However, we at Accident Advice Helpline know that beach holiday accidents can occur no matter how idyllic the setting.
Beach holiday accidents
Here are five of the biggest threats to individuals embarking on beach holidays:
- Drowning: Although surfing the waves may seem like a perfect way to get the adrenaline flowing, always adhere to any safety tips when surfing to avoid a serious, potential accident which could result in drowning.
- Dehydration: The effects of dehydration can be more than a little unpleasant. Early signs of dehydration include nausea and vomiting but extreme cases of dehydration can lead to potentially fatal organ failure. It’s important to keep well hydrated through the course of the day, drink water in sips not gulps.
- Sunburn: Sunburn can result in more than just an aching red patch on your skin. Harmful UV rays can lead to a number of conditions and cause premature ageing of the skin.
- Jet-ski accidents: A number of people decide to rent jet-skis when on a beach holiday. It’s important to receive proper training and adhere to safety protocol to avoid accidents such as jet-ski crashes.
- Jellyfish stings: Some people may suffer a severe allergic reaction to a jellyfish sting which, in extreme cases, can lead to conditions such as paralysis or even kidney failure.
Claiming compensation for an accident on holiday
Did you know that Accident Advice Helpline can help you make a claim for compensation even if the accident occurred outside of the UK?
Contact us today on 0800 689 0500 for more information. Our lines are open 24 hours, seven days a week and are staffed by friendly, professional advisers who will help answer any questions you might have regarding the claim process. What’s more, you won’t be under any obligation to proceed with your claim following your free initial consultation, but should you decide to go ahead, you will benefit from a 100 per cent no-win no-fee service.
Date Published: March 2, 2015
Author: Accident Advice