Many people think of an office job as being a safe and sometimes quite dull way of earning a living as unlike outdoor vocations you are not exposed to those situations that can often cause work accidents.
But it’s often the case that an office environment can actually be just as dangerous as any other, even though many people are not aware of such dangers.
Whether it’s the actions of those around you or the office or building that you are working in, offices can be potentially dangerous environments when it comes to slips, trips and falls or other dangers that lead to accidents at work.
Here are just five potential accidents in an office:
- We all use computers and electrical equipment at work, so with all the cables and wires needed to keep these machines powered-up, it’s highly possible that a worker could trip over and hurt themselves.
- Keeping a working environment clean and tidy is very important, but not at the expense of workers’ safety. A newly mopped floor will lead to wet surfaces, which are rife for potential slips.
- More and more these days people are keen to bring their children into the workplace. Not only does it give them some quality time with their kids, but it also saves on child minding costs. But children in the office aren’t always a great combination as objects such as toys left on the floor can be a potential hazard to anyone walking nearby.
- We all rush around these days at 100mph, and this is certainly the case in the office and workplace. So to avoid a potential injury in the workplace caused by a head on smash, look where you are going.
- A nice hot cup of coffee can really get you going on a slow morning, but if you’re not careful it can also cause serious damage. Spilling boiling liquid onto your skin is one of the easiest ways accidents at work can happen.
If you do suffer an injury at work due to a slip, trip and fall, that wasn’t your fault, you could well be entitled to make a claim for compensation.
Who should you contact?
Accident Advice Helpline has years of experience of dealing with personal injury claims and could help you with your claim too. We work purely on a no win, no fee** basis. Call now on 0800 689 0500.
Date Published: February 27, 2015
Author: Accident Advice