At Accident Advice Helpline, we’ve helped many people make a claim for compensation who’ve been injured in extraordinary circumstances. Some people may feel in some way embarrassed or afraid about coming forward with a genuine claim for compensation for an injury they sustained through no fault of their own.
At Accident Advice Helpline we pride ourselves on our professionalism, reliability and dependability. You can talk with one of our highly-trained and friendly advisers in the strictest of confidence. To show you some of the kinds of accidents we deal with, here are some far-fetched, yet possible potential fast food accidents.
- Burns or scalding: Claims for compensation have been made where a customer has ordered a beverage only for it to be served scalding hot and insufficiently sealed, which can cause severe burns and scalds. The same goes for burns from piping hot food that comes in contact with the mouth or tongue.
- Allergic reaction: Modern health and safety legislation means that consumers are informed about what exactly is in their food in a way that they have never been before. That considered, it is impossible to eliminate all traces of other ingredients that may be used in preparation of other dishes and as a result, an allergic reaction can occur.
- Deafness: Many parents take their children to fast food chains to celebrate birthdays and other occasions. In many cases, balloons will be placed around the restaurant. If however a balloon were to burst in close proximity to the ears, it could result in short-term hearing loss.
- Slips, trips and falls: Slipping tripping and falling can occur at any time and in any place. A slip or trip may not seem far-fetched but the ways in which people suffer a slip or trip sometimes be unusual, such as slipping on a tray that has been left on the floor.
- Car accident: In many fast food chains a drive-through service is provided for customers who wish to experience quick service, on the move. A car accident could occur when travelling through the drive-through.
Making a claim for compensation
If you’ve been injured as the result of an accident at a fast-food chain you could be entitled to make a claim for compensation. Contact Accident Advice Helpline today on 0800 689 0500 for more information.
Date Published: March 2, 2015
Author: Accident Advice