It is more common than you might think to suffer from an accident or personal injury in your local restaurant. Here are five far-fetched yet possible local restaurant accidents you might come across at your favourite place to eat.
Five potential local restaurant accidents
- Slips, trips and falls: Restaurants are often noisy venues and usually crowded with a lot of customers and tables. Food is continually being brought out of the kitchen, and inevitably some may be split. If food spills are not cleaned up promptly they may cause you to suffer a nasty slip or fall. Additionally, older rustic restaurants often have uneven flooring, or hidden steps, which can also be a dangerous slip, trip and fall hazard.
- Cuts and bruises: With so many different drinking glasses on restaurant tables, some are often knocked over and broken. This leaves you at risk of slipping and falling and suffering a nasty cut, particularly to the hands or feet, from broken glass. Additionally, moving around a small space filled with sharp-edged tables leaves you at risk of walking into something and suffering a bruise.
- Food Poisoning: No one wants to suffer from food poisoning from a meal at their local restaurant, but unfortunately it can happen. If your food is not prepared or cooked correctly, you may be at risk of food poisoning, so always check that your food is piping hot before tucking in.
- Choking: Similarly, when eating and drinking with a large group of people in a lively environment, you may be at a higher risk of choking, due to the chatter and laughter that takes place during your meal.
- Road traffic accidents: It is important to ensure that upon leaving, or driving to the restaurant, you are not under the influence of alcohol, as this will increase your chance of suffering a road traffic accident en route.
Claiming compensation for restaurant accidents
If you have suffered a restaurant accident that wasn’t your fault, Accident Advice Helpline can help. We are a law firm with 15 years’ experience in the personal injury compensation claim industry and can help you make a successful injury claim.
We have a wealth of information on our website and our telephone lines are open 24 hours, seven days a week, free of charge. We work on a strict 100 per cent no-win no-fee* basis, so you won’t be left out of pocket if your claim is unsuccessful.
If you’ve suffered an accident in a restaurant, or in any other public place, get in touch with us today on 0800 689 0500 to see if you could be entitled to compensation.
Date Published: March 2, 2015
Author: Accident Advice