Whether it’s relaxation in the sun or playing in the water with the kids, a trip to the beach is a really fun way to spend some quality time and a great day out for the whole family.
But with the fun also comes risk, and there are plenty of things that can happen at the beach, from a slip, trip or fall to insect bites, and where there is risk of beach accidents there is also be an hotspot for a personal injury claims.
Five potential beach accidents
Here are just five potential accidents that could happen at the beach.
- Slip, trip or fall: Slips and trips are among the most commonly reported accidents and grounds for compensation. Slipping or tripping can occur anywhere from workplace accidents to days by the sea. And with all that water and slippery seaweed around there is a great risk of a slip, trip or fall during a day at the beach.
- Allergies: If you have any allergies it may be wise to consider these before making a trip to the coast. When pollen levels are high during the summer months this can lead to a reaction from allergy sufferers, not only spoiling the day, but also leading to potential dangers
- Drowning: It goes without saying that being by the sea can be as dangerous as it is enjoyable. So even for strong swimmers tides and currents should never be underestimated and during high seas it’s probably best to stay out of the water.
- Sunburn: Ignoring the strength of the sun is a huge mistake. Yes, we all like to top-up our tans, but exposing skin to the sun and its dangerous UV levels can be a real danger, especially for the very young and elderly.
- Insect bites: The seaside isn’t just a place for us to relax and enjoy ourselves, it’s also home to many forms of wild animals and insects. Stings from jelly fish or bites from crabs and mosquitoes can be painful and dangerous if not treated properly.
Who do you turn to if you’ve suffered an injury at the beach?
You may wish to think about making a claim following an accident at the beach and Accident Advice Helpline will be happy to help. Our law firm was established in 2000 and has an excellent reputation for handling personal injury claims, work accident claims and road accident cases.
Call us today on 0800 689 0500 for more information.
Date Published: March 2, 2015
Author: Accident Advice