Skiing is now one of the most popular forms of holiday in the UK with over 100 million people thought to take to the slopes each year. However, skiing often comes at a cost due to the many dangers it can present for those taking part.
But if you have suffered an injury whilst participating in a winter sport, such as skiing or even just a slip, trip or fall when on the slope, don’t automatically assume that you have to accept the blame, as you may be entitled to claim compensation.
Dangers on ski holidays
Five threats you could face on the ski slope, include, but is not limited to:
- Slippery surfaces: It sounds an obvious thing to say, but it’s amazing how many people don’t watch their step when on the ski slope, leading to slips, trips and falls and nasty accidents. Good sturdy footwear is a must, but skiers should always remember how dangerous it can be walking on ice and snow.
- Other skiers: You may be having fun on the slopes, but you must remember to be aware of other skiers who can be travelling at some speed. Collisions between skiers are more common than most people think and can lead to some very serious injuries.
- Avalanches: Avalanches are rare, but can be fatal if you are in the wrong place. So stay alert and heed any warnings that are given.
- Faulty Equipment: Skiers need to put all their faith in their equipment in order to stay safe, but you should never take your safety gear for granted. Faulty equipment can lead to a range of accidents so skiers should always check and check again that everything is in order before taking to the slopes.
- Severe Weather: When in the mountains weather conditions can change in minutes, so before you take to the ski slopes check to see if any severe weather warnings have been issued.
If you’ve been injured on a ski holiday
If you have been injured in a ski accident that wasn’t your fault you might be entitled to make a personal injury claim.
Accident Advice Helpline is a personal injury law firm that specialises in slips, trips and falls, work accidents and motoring accidents and we help thousands of people each year who have been hurt in accidents caused by third-party negligence.
As a 100 percent no-win no-fee* injury law firm, we don’t charge any legal or administrative costs if your claim is unsuccessful.
Call us today on Freephone number 0800 689 0500 for more information.
Date Published: March 2, 2015
Author: Accident Advice