Accident Advice Helpline has been in the business of helping our clients pursue claims for compensation in all areas of personal injury claims for many years now. In that time, we have been able to analyse the demographics of which kinds of accidents occur to which kinds of groups. In that time we have noticed that there are five accidents more likely to affect the young than the elderly.
- Hearing loss at a gig – It is fair to say that more young people visit loud gigs than the elderly. At a concert, the decibel level can reach the threshold for human tolerance and can result in permanent hearing loss. It’s important not to get too close
- Sports accidents – Although many elderly people are lifelong members of sports clubs, young people are far more likely to suffer a sports injury than the elderly. This includes sports such as kayaking and snowboarding.
- Accidents at work – Statistically speaking, young people are more likely to suffer a work-related injury such as repetitive strain injury than the elderly. This is due to the fact that many elderly people are in retirement.
- Road traffic accidents – Statistics show that the demographic most likely to be involved in a road traffic collision, are young men between the ages of 18 and 26. This is due to a number of factors such as driving habits and a lack of driving experience.
- Accidents on holiday – Young people tend to take different types of vacation than the elderly, for example clubbing or adventure holidays. This means that young people are more likely to be involved in an accident on holiday than the elderly.
Claiming compensation for an accident that wasn’t your fault
Regardless of your age, if you’ve been injured in an accident within the last three years and it wasn’t your fault, you could be entitled to make a claim for compensation. Contact Accident Advice Helpline today on 0800 689 0500 for more information on how you could make a 100% no-win-no-fee** claim for compensation. Compensation won’t take away the pain you’ve suffered as the result of an accident, but it can go towards redressing the financial costs that arise as the result of suffering an accident.
Date Published: April 27, 2015
Author: Accident Advice