How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Is fish caught in the common edible?

    It appears that most freshwater fish caught in the UK, whether it is fish caught in the common or in any of the country’s rivers and lakes is edible, according to

    However, some fish may taste a little odd. Carp, for example, is said to taste muddy, although it is considered to be a delicacy in some countries, such as Poland. There are also a few other things to consider.

    Keeping fish caught in the common

    To begin with, there is the question whether you are actually allowed to take any fish you have caught home to cook. While this may be perfectly acceptable some areas, it could well be illegal in others.

    Before you take home any fish caught in the common, it is therefore necessary to make sure you are rightly entitled to do so.

    Water quality

    Fish caught in the common may, depending on the quality of the water and what kind of pollutants may be present, also make you ill. Care is advised.

    Open Claim Calculator

    In a nutshell, if you have any doubt at all that the fish you have caught are safe to eat, do not eat them. Eating something you are not sure about and risking a bout of food poisoning simply is not worth it.

    Local cafés

    Local restaurants, cafés, and so on have a legal duty to protect their customers’ health and safety. This means preventing accidents like slips, trips and falls, as well as minimising the risk of burning and scalding injuries.

    They must also make sure no food likely to cause food poisoning outbreaks is served. This includes locally caught fish as much as it does exotic delicacies.

    No-fault injuries

    If you were made ill by food contaminated with food poisoning bacteria or sustained a slip, trip or fall injury in your local café, you may qualify for a public liability claim.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    Our nationwide team of solicitors specialising in personal injury claims have over 15 years’ experience in successfully securing compensation for people hurt in trips, slips and falls, road or work accidents caused by someone else.

    To enlist their help on a no-win, no-fee* basis, have a confidential, no-obligation chat with our knowledgeable, sympathetic advisors on freephone 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile today. Alternatively, you can get in touch by completing the 30-second test on our website.

    Date Published: August 1, 2016

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.