How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How do I find out if a restaurant has a history of serving contaminated fare?

    If rumours or just general concern have placed doubt into your mind whether it is safe to eat at a local restaurant, it is advisable to first of all check out the establishment’s reputation among friends, relatives and/or other acquaintances. Should the result of such enquiries be inconclusive, it is also possible to check out the results of routine restaurant inspections conducted by the local health department’s environmental health practitioners. These results can be found by contacting the relevant department directly, or on the website of the local health department.

    Infected with food poisoning bacteria

    Restaurants, cafes and other food outlets are required by law to maintain high levels of hygiene within their kitchens and storage facilities. Failure to comply with these regulations may lead to contamination/cross contamination of food with an army of harmful bacteria and subsequently lead to food poisoning outbreaks. Patrons infected by contaminated food may be entitled to claim for personal injury compensation.

    Slips, trips and falls

    Health and safety regulations also compel these establishments to prevent slip injuries, injuries by tripping or falling and potential work-related accidents on their premises by taking appropriate measures to identify and deal with potential hazards and maintain all equipment in good, safe working order.

    Public liability claims

    Failure to minimise the risk of injuries by slipping, falling or tripping; infection by contaminated fare, work accidents, and so on could leave restaurants and similar establishments liable to pay public liability compensation to customers or employees injured as a result. If you contracted food poisoning or suffered an injury by tripping, slipping or falling at a local restaurant, you may qualify for a compensation claim.

    Claiming for compensation

    You are eligible to claim if your personal injury was sustained within no more than three years prior to initiating the claim and was the result of another person/organisation’s negligence or inappropriate actions. Claims can be started by calling the 24/7 advice line of Accident Advice Helpline. Informal and obligation-free, calls are strictly confidential and will serve to determine both claim eligibility and the likelihood of a claim being successful.

    Open Claim Calculator

    What happens next

    Following the initial informal consultation, claimants are offered the services of specialist compensation lawyers employed by Accident Advice Helpline. Operating under conditional (no win no fee**) agreements, these lawyers are backed by years of experience in securing accidental injury compensation for the public.

    Date Published: July 8, 2014

    Author: Accident Advice


    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.