How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Equipment to reduce risk of injury at work

    According to the Health and Safety Executive, more than 27 million working days are lost each year to injuries caused by accidents at work and work-related illness. In order to protect employees, employers are often required to provide equipment to reduce risk of injury at work.

    If you’ve been injured at work as a result of your employer’s negligence, you may be able to claim compensation.

    Equipment to reduce risk of injury at work

    Employers in the UK are required to adhere to stringent health and safety measures to minimise the risk of work-related illness and work accidents. In some cases, they may provide equipment to reduce risk of injury at work. Examples include:

    • Protective helmets and overall
    • Masks and goggles
    • Ear defenders
    • Ergonomic desks and chairs
    • Gloves
    • Hardwearing boots or specialist footwear
    • Lifting equipment, such as trolleys and hoists
    • Ladders

    What happens if my employer doesn’t provide safety equipment?

    If your employer fails to provide equipment to reduce risk of injury, and you are involved in a work accident, they may be liable for your work injuries.

    It is a legal requirement to provide equipment to reduce risk of injury at work. When you are not provided with the relevant equipment, you have a right to claim compensation. You may also have a valid work accident claim if the equipment you were provided with was faulty.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you were provided with safety equipment and you failed to use it or you misused it, you would have to claim liability for your injuries. You wouldn’t be able to claim work injury compensation.

    How do I go about claiming compensation?

    If you’d like to claim compensation following a work injury, call Accident Advice Helpline. We have more than 15 years of experience in handling personal injury claims. We have an experienced team of personal injury lawyers on hand and we aim to eliminate all the stress from the process of claiming compensation.

    Our established reputation is built on professionalism and reliability, and our firm is endorsed by Dame Esther Rantzen. The majority of our clients never have to attend court proceedings and we can carry out most consultations over the telephone.

    To find out if you have a viable work injury claim, take our online 30-second eligibility test or call our helpful advisors now on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: August 1, 2016

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.