How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Engaged couples vs Uni students: Injury types suffered by either

    Getting engaged, or moving away from home to start university, are both exciting milestones and a cause for celebration. However, moving in with a new partner, or new student housemates, can also be stressful, as it often requires a big change in living circumstances.

    If you are moving out of your parent’s house, either to live with a partner or new housemates, take the steps listed below to avoid suffering a potential accident in the home.

    Am I liable to suffer different injury types as part of an engaged couple, or a being a university student?

    • Slips, trips and falls
      It’s always exciting to start making a new home, however, new environments can provide new injury hazards. If you are boxing up your things, ensure you stack them in an orderly manner, to avoid suffering a personal injury from a nasty trip or fall. Additionally, uni students and engaged couples alike should look out for any slip and trip hazards in their new home, such as uneven flooring and trailing electrical wires, to avoid suffering an unexpected slip or fall.
    • Heavy lifting injuries
      When loading up your removal vehicle, you will probably have some very heavy things to transport. These may include boxes of university books, as well as musical instruments, and other large household appliances. Ensure that you take care not to overexert yourself, and lift things in a safe manner. This will reduce your chances of experiencing an unwanted injury by taking on too much of a heavy load.
    • Road Traffic Accidents
      If travelling to your new house by car, ensure that you have memorised the route. Additionally, make sure that you are not driving tired and that the car is not overloaded. This will minimise your chances of suffering an unwanted road traffic accident en route.

    If you have suffered from an accident in the home, such as a slip, trip or fall, or a car accident while moving house, you may be entitled to compensation. Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm with yeas of experience in providing personal injury compensation, and we can help you to make a successful injury claim.

    Our helpline is open 24/7 and is available via 0800 689 0500. We also have a quick and easy 30-second test compensation calculator on our website. All our advisors can be spoken to in complete confidence, and we work on a strict 100 per cent no win no fee** basis. If you have suffered from an accident that wasn’t your fault, get in touch with us today to see if you could be entitled to compensation.

    Date Published: April 27, 2015

    Open Claim Calculator

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.