How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Disposing safely of harmful domestic materials

    If you work with dangerous chemicals, you’’re probably aware of protocol to prevent accidents at work when disposing of harmful materials, but what happens when you have harmful domestic materials you need to get rid of?

    Disposing safely of harmful domestic materials

    When you’’re tidying up or having a spring clean, you’’ll find that most of your rubbish can go in the bin or in a recycling box. However, there are some harmful domestic materials which may require special attention.

    If you have any of these harmful domestic materials at home, you may need to make special arrangements to dispose of them safely:

    • Asbestos
    • Batteries
    • Cleaning chemicals
    • Pesticides
    • Appliances that contain substances which affect the ozone, such as fridges
    • Engine oils and brake fluid

    If you dispose of harmful domestic materials in a normal bin, this can be dangerous. Follow instructions from manufacturers, local councils or the Environment Agency. If you visit a tip, you will be able to see distinctive areas for different types of materials.

    If you think may have asbestos at home, do not attempt to move it. Call in the experts. Dealing with harmful domestic materials, especially asbestos, can be incredibly dangerous.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you work in a setting where harmful materials and chemicals are employed, your employer should take the necessary steps to protect you from work injuries and work-related illness. All hazardous materials should be stored and disposed of according to the latest health and safety guidelines.

    If you have sustained injuries following a work accident, and you believe that your employer was negligent, you may be able to claim work injury compensation. If you developed an illness after being exposed to hazardous materials at work without the relevant safety equipment or as a result of negligence linked to incorrect storage or disposal methods, call Accident Advice Helpline.

    Claiming compensation

    If you’’ve been injured at work and you weren’’t to blame, we could help you to claim work accident compensation. We have more than 15 years of experience in the personal injury claims industry, and we have an expert team of injury lawyers on hand to deal with your work injury claim. We operate a no-win, no-fee* policy and most of our clients never have to go to court.

    If you’’d like to find out more, take our 30-second eligibility test online, or call our helpful advisors on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: August 1, 2016

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.