How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    What if your dishwasher leaks and you are electrocuted?

    If you rent a property from a private landlord and something goes wrong, it can be difficult to ascertain who is at fault and who is liable for repair costs. In the event of a serious incident, for example, your dishwasher leaks and you are electrocuted, you may be thinking about claiming compensation. Whether you’ve been involved in accidents at work or you’ve sustained injuries in a rented property through no fault of your own, Accident Advice Helpline could help you to make a successful personal injury claim.

    If your dishwasher leaks and you are electrocuted, is your landlord responsible?

    Every tenant should sign an agreement or contract, which outlines who is responsible for the maintenance of different appliances, systems and areas within the house. In many cases, major appliances and systems, such as the boiler and the central heating system, are the responsibility of the landlord, but minor maintenance tasks, such as replacing light bulbs and keeping the grass short, are down to the tenant.

    If your dishwasher leaks and you are electrocuted, you will need to check the terms of your rental agreement before thinking about claiming no win, no fee* compensation. If you put the dishwasher in yourself, the chances are that it will not be covered by the landlord. If the dishwasher was already there and the contract states that it is the responsibility of the landlord to maintain the appliance, you may have a viable injury claim. The outcome of the process may also be dependent on whether the leak was reported to the landlord.

    What should I do next?

    If you think you may have a case for compensation because you’ve suffered an injury at home which wasn’t your fault, call Accident Advice Helpline to talk through the details of your accident claim with one of our friendly and experienced advisors. Once we have all the information, we can ascertain whether or not your case meets the qualifying criteria.

    Visit the website or call 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Accident Advice Helpline was established in 2000 to provide consumers with a dependable and reliable service, which enables them to make a compensation claim without any stress; our personal injury lawyers work on a no win, no fee* basis and most clients never have to go to court.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: December 9, 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.