Given the way we live today, our teeth aren’t treated as well as we’d once hoped. Even brushing your teeth every day doesn’t seem to be enough any more. The amount of sugar and damaging preservatives in food these days means that trips to the dentist can be both painful and expensive.
Dentists have a number of a ways in which they can help correct the damage done to teeth by food, fizzy cold drinks and particularly harmful substances like cigarettes. You can, however, claim if your dentist has been negligent in his care of you and the accident has occurred in the last three years. It’s also important that you sought medical treatment after the accident too.
Cosmetic dental treatment
There is a range of different cosmetic dental treatment on offer. Many options can be done at the dentist’s, others may require you to go to hospital.
- Teeth whitening is a very well-known way for dentists to restore teeth to their former appearance. This can be done at the surgery of your dentist and offers very little margin for error. Teeth whitening will only occur after all plaque and tartar is removed from each tooth.
- Veneers are made from medical-grade ceramic and are made specifically for each patient as they are designed to resemble the rest of your teeth. They can fix crooked teeth and gaps between teeth.
- Implants are done to replace missing teeth when patients have lost a tooth for one reason or another. A tiny titanium screw is placed into the jaw as the support for the crown. Implants are one of the more common cosmetic dental treatments.
- Porcelain bridgework is a way to replace a missing tooth by attaching porcelain bridgework either side of the empty space.
- Porcelain crowns are used to cover heavily damaged teeth with porcelain caps and are able to provide a more natural appearance than veneers.
If you have suffered a personal injury through cosmetic dental treatment, you may be eligible to make a claim.
How to claim for cosmetic dental negligence
If you have suffered an injury under a negligent dentist or because the conditions at the premises were poor, contact us to claim for your injuries. We have over 16 years of experience as personal injury claims specialists at Accident Advice Helpline and urge you to call us on our 24/7 helpline on 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993. You could also take a 30-second test if you don’t have time for a phone call. We would like to assure you that we work on no-win, no-fee basis and that if you call us, you’re under no obligation to proceed with your claim.
Date Published: February 19, 2017
Author: Accident Advice