How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • **Required

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Dangers of accidentally leaving the gas stove on

    Gas stoves are among the most dangerous household appliances to have in your home. Accidentally leaving the gas stove on exposes you to several risks. Here are some of these risks.

    Accidents that occur when accidentally leaving the gas stove on

    The first and most obvious risk of accidentally leaving the gas stove on is that of overheating oil or food you left cooking on the stove catching fire. If the liquid in a pot boils over due to overheating, it could extinguish the flame. While this may prevent an immediate fire, it could cause your kitchen to slowly fill with gas. If you switch on a light in a gas-filled room, a spark from the switch could cause an explosion.

    Other dangers of gas cookers

    Accidentally leaving the gas stove on is not the only way you could sustain injuries from fires and explosions. A defective gas cooker may, for instance, continually leak gas into your home without you realising it.

    Again, the simple act of switching on a light could cause a major explosion, fire and subsequent potentially serious burn injuries.

    Carbon monoxide

    What’s more, a defective gas appliance could also produce excessive amounts of carbon monoxide. Odourless and invisible, carbon monoxide is highly toxic and can cause potentially fatal carbon monoxide poisoning. Gas heaters and gas-powered central and water heating systems also carry this risk. It is therefore extremely important to keep gas appliances well maintained and have them regularly checked for safety.

    Rented accommodation

    If you are living in rented accommodation, your landlord is responsible for the maintenance and repair of gas appliances (this may or may not include your gas stove, depending on whether it came with the accommodation or was purchased by you) in your home.

    Right to claim

    If you were injured by a defective gas cooker or because your landlord did not maintain gas appliances properly, you could be entitled to make a personal injury claim. With over 15 years’ experience in processing gas cooker accident claims, we can help you get the gas appliance accident compensation due to you.

    About us

    We are Accent Advice Helpline, a law firm established in 2000 to help members of the public get compensation for injuries sustained in no-fault accidents. Boasting an exceptional success record, our nationwide legal team operates under 100% no-win, no-fee* conditional fee agreements. To learn more about making a claim and/or enlist the services of one of our in-house injury specialists, call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a UK landline or a mobile today.

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading name of Slater and Gordon UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 125 446 327, registered office 50/52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activity.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.