How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • **Required

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Damage from inhaling paint fumes

    If you work in painting and decorating or home renovation, you may run the risk of work-related illnesses caused by inhaling paint fumes.

    If you’’ve been involved in accidents at work or you’’ve developed an illness as a result of your employer’’s negligence, Accident Advice Helpline could help you to claim work injury compensation.

    What happens when you inhale paint fumes?

    Inhaling paint fumes can cause damage to your health. Although an isolated incident is unlikely to cause long-term harm, repeated exposure carries a high risk of complications.

    Some of the chemicals used in paint are toxic and your job may soon take its toll on your lungs and other major organs. Here are some of the potential side-effects of inhaling paint fumes:

    • headaches
    • nausea
    • feeling dizzy or light headed
    • tiredness and lethargy
    • changes in your vision, for example, double or blurred vision
    • itchy, irritated eyes
    • coughing
    • sore throat

    In the long term, exposure to paint fumes can result in kidney or liver damage, respiratory illnesses, asthma and an increased risk of some types of cancer.

    How to prevent health problems at work

    If your job involves painting and decorating, there are steps you can take to reduce the risk of work-related illnesses and occupational injuries.

    Ensure the space is well ventilated and wear a protective mask. Most experts recommend that pregnant women do not come into contact with harmful substances; if you are expecting, tell your employer.

    Take regular breaks and try to ensure that you use products which have low VOC content. VOC stands for volatile organic compound; these are the harmful substances which float into the air when paint starts to dry.

    If you have concerns about your health and safety, talk to your boss. Your employer should follow guidelines to protect employers from work-related illness and accidents in the workplace.

    Can I make a claim for a work accident?

    Anyone who has been injured at work through no fault of their own has the right to file a work accident compensation claim.

    If you have been injured at work in the last three years and you have proof that you were not to blame, call Accident Advice Helpline to go through the details of your case with a friendly advisor.

    We have over 15 years’ experience in helping consumers to secure the compensation they deserve. Our experienced personal injury lawyers work on a no-win, no-fee* basis and most of our clients never have to set foot in court.

    Call now on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading name of Slater and Gordon UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 125 446 327, registered office 50/52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activity.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.