How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Are costs from missing work covered in compensation?

    Personal injuries sustained in accidents at work, slips, trips and falls or a road traffic accident, for example, can vary significantly in severity. Recovery times subsequently also vary and may take anything from days or weeks to months or years. Some injuries are, in fact, so severe that the accident victim is left unable to ever return to work. This, of course, means the costs from missing work can become a major concern for both the injured individuals and their families.

    Costs from missing work

    Depending on the severity of an accidental injury and the time required to recover after a work accident, slip, trip or fall or motoring accident, the costs from missing work may not only consist of the actual loss of earnings, but may also include charges for paying bills late, bank charges for returned direct debits, and so on.

    In addition to the basic costs from missing work, an injury at work; slip, fall or trip injury, or a driver or passenger injury may also incur prescription or treatment charges, expenses for transport to and from hospitals or other treatment facilities, home care and more. As a result, families are often left to face serious financial hardship at an already stressful and traumatic time in their lives.

    Compensation claims

    Fortunately, damages awarded in compensation claims are calculated by taking both general and special damages into consideration. General damages are concerned with the injury itself and the pain and suffering caused by it. Special damages include loss of earnings (including possible loss of work bonuses and pension contributions), medical expenses and other costs incurred as the result of the injury. Payslips showing how much the injured person could have earned during their recovery period and receipts for any costs incurred during this period would, of course, be required as evidence to support a claim for special damages.

    We can help you

    Sponsored by famous UK consumer champion and TV personality Dame Esther Rantzen, our Accident Advice Helpline team of personal injury compensation experts boasts over 15 years’ experience in dealing with personal injury claims. This means you can rest assured that the 100 per cent no win no fee* services we provide are both highly professional and effective. Get no-obligation, confidential advice on claiming for compensation by calling our 24/7 free phone helpline 0800 689 0500 now. The number to use when calling from a mobile phone is 0333 500 0993.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: December 9, 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.