How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Consumer Protection Act (1987): What does it protect?

    The Consumer Protection Act of 1987 was brought in to protect the consumer should an item they have bought, especially of an electrical kind, should malfunction.

    How does the Consumer Protection Act relate to a faulty appliance claim?

    If an appliance malfunctions, most of the time it will cause an inconvenience to the consumer as it will no long be working effectively. However, at the other end of the scale, the faulty appliance could cause a work injury or other type of claim if it were to malfunction whilst being used.

    What happens if I sustain a work injury due to a faulty product?

    The first thing you need to do is report your work injury and the faulty appliance to your manager or someone in authority straight away. If this appliance has caused you to sustain a work injury then it needs to be turned off and perhaps even removed so that no further work injuries are caused by it.

    Once this has been done, make sure you document what happened and if applicable take pictures to back up your work injury claim. The more evidence you have, the stronger your accident at work claim will be.

    The Consumer Protection Act would apply to any faulty appliance whether at work or at home. Whether it causes a work injury or not, you as the consumer are fully within your rights to demand a refund or exchange under this act.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you have sustained a work injury from a faulty appliance or anywhere else within the last three years that wasn’t your fault you may be able to make a claim.

    Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm that specialises in such accident claims as work injury compensation. With years of experience, our team of lawyers will make the claims process as simple and stress free as possible. In fact, many clients are able to settle their work injury claims and many other compensation claims without having to step foot in a court room.

    To find out more about making a work injury compensation claim speak to an Accident Advice Helpline advisor on our 24-hour free phone number, 0800 689 0500. Alternatively, take the simple 30-second compensation calculator online to see how much you could potentially be eligible for.

    Date Published: April 27, 2015

    Author: SM Content

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.